Sunday, November 8, 2009

What I Lost the Other Day

We moved last Tuesday after two weeks at Cave Creek Regional Park, a real campground with nice sites and spaces in between with flora and fauna of the Sonoran Desert. Unfortunately at Cave Creek you can't stay in one site for more than two weeks. On day 15 if there's another site open you can move into that. If not you go into overflow and get on a queue. There are no hookups in overflow. Electricity and water in each site and one dump station on the way in. Well Eliot is finally scheduled for surgery on his neck on November 18th so we moved to Pioneer RV Park where you rent a site with full hook-ups for as long as you want, paying monthly. There's no space between the sites but we can stay in one place and backing up the fifth wheel and moving the satellite dish is not easy on Eliot's neck. Hopefully the surgery will fix that. The doctor says he'll be able to travel in a month. That seems overly optimistic. We'll take it one step at a time. He's on four blood pressure medications but the cardiologist thinks he might not need all that after the surgery since pain can increase the blood pressure.
I wrote the above yesterday. Today I just want to whine so if anybody is reading this you can stop now because all the rest is whining.
Yesterday I went to the eye dr since it's been over two years and my mother and grandmother had glaucoma and I've had cataract surgery. Everythings okay but I just hate the dilated pupils and going to drs in general and today we had to go back to Eliot's PCP for approval for the surgery and she wants him to have oxygen at night which he of course thinks is stupid so we're not answering the phone during the day since someone is supposed to call to set that up. In the meantime I can't get hold of my son Patrick whom I can only call after 9 o'clock when we have free time on the cell phone. I used to also contact him on the Pocketmail website which is now non-functional and he hasn't been on Facebook lately and the past two nights I got his answering machine. I just took a Valium.
I'm also sorry I look at the news on the computer because it's all so depressing.
And I don't know why I'm writing all this anyhow. I just want a hug and somebody so say "there, there" I'm not looking forward to next week and Eliot's surgery. Two more hours till I can try to call Patrick. If I reach him I'll feel better. One thing I learned from my mother is to worry. I wish I had learned something useful.


3 comments:

  1. Consider yourself hugged.

    You're going through a bad patch. Wish I could help. You'll breathe easier once Eliot's surgery is over with. I'm glad you had a chance to get to the eye doctor. I'm headed there myself in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Karin - just caught up with you after major PC hurdles myself and see that life is "surus" (sorry, can't spell the Yiddish) for you at the moment.

    It's good that you can offload onto your blog and I hope your new PC works out.

    ReplyDelete