Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunshine for Women

I want to share a wonderful website I found: www.pinn.net/~sunshine/main.html which I found when searching for "Advice to My Daughter" by the Marquis de Condorcet because she has it referenced on her site. Now I have to get back to "Cat's Cradle" to find out if I want to become a Bokononist. I found out on page 63 that if I were a Bokononist I would agree gaily to go with Eliot to Alaska because Bokonon says "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."
I also should mention another Jungian moment of synchronicity. I just finished Nevada Barr's Winter Study. The last two lines are:
"So we play God?" Jonah asked.
"People always play God," Anna said. "There's nobody else to do it."
Then I started "Cat's Cradle" The first line is "Call me Jonah"
Somehow I'll have to find out if Nevada Barr is a Bokononist or at least a fan of Vonnegut.
I think there's a third part to this synchronicity in the fortune cookie I got but I'll have to read further in "Cat's Cradle"

2 comments:

  1. you are funny, interesting and worth many visits. That's why I'm following you. That way I get to know when you post.
    Let's get to know each other better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting link, Karin. And I too, so enjoy the unexpected synchronicities in life. One has to wonder sometimes about the laws of attraction or inevitability.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete