Saturday, September 5, 2009

I got an award!



Look what LadyLuz send me, an award. I don't know why. Don't think I deserve it and now I'm supposed to send it to 7 other blogs. I hope I can find seven other blogs who don't already have it. Maybe I can send duplicates. And I'm supposed to send 7 things about myself nobody knows:

1. I practiced social nudism for a while. It's great for body image. You don't find any beauty queens at family nudist camps, lots of happy kids running around as they were born, every thing hanging out naturally and skinny dipping beats bathing suits anytime. One does have to be picky about where to go. The Naturist Society is he best way to connect to family oriented camps. And many of them don't allow singles. It's best to be a member of a local club.

2. I volunteered two winters at the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in New Mexico before I met Eliot. I learned a lot about birds and met some wonderful people. Didn't know until after I'd known Eliot for a while that he's been a birder his whole life.

3. I studied Transactional Analysis originated by Eric Berne and figured out my life script according to his method which helped explain a lot of my behavior and and found his Games People Play to be very helpful.

4. In 1957 I bicycled with my late husband from Munich to Bremerhaven on single speed bikes. It took a month and we lived on $1 a day.

5. I worked five years in a Nursing Home as an LPN on the night shift. They loved my hugs but hated the suppositories I had to give some before my shift ended. And I hope I helped some find peace in their final days. If I believed in guardian angels, I know who'd they be.

6. When I worked in the Nursing Home, I bicycled to my job at 10:30 at night and rode home at 7:30 in the morning except when it rained or snowed when I walked instead. It rained and snowed a lot in Rochester, NY. 20 minute ride, 40 minute walk.

7. I've been in 47 of the 50 states.

Now I have to figure out how to send the awards. Bobbie will probably tell me how or maybe LadyLuz or maybe I'll even figure it out myself (unlikely).

2.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award!!!! Yes, of course you deserve it. And what interesting revelations you made about your life, Karin. You are a fascinating woman who has had such a rich life. I also bicycled in the 60s from Paris to Italy, but part of the trip was by train too.
    It took me 2 months and it was a fantastic trip.
    LadyLuz also gave me the same award, but I have not yet done the requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. First - congratulations on your award! Next - You have led a very interesting life. I love hearing about it.

    You don't have to send your award to seven - or even anyone - unless you really want to. It's really up to you.

    I have been pleased, and a bit embarrassed, when I've received awards. It can become a very difficult choice to send them on. I see that many people now simply tell their readers that they love them all, and anyone who chooses may consider that they should accept it as their own. You do as you like.

    You certainly do deserve it. I enjoy reading your posts very much. And I am constantly amazed that you manage it at all, considering your circumstances - the generator, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree, there's no pressure to pass these things on. The important thing is - it's for YOU, and you do deserve it in my opinion, creating time and space to blog in difficult circumstances. I hope it won't be too long before you're blogging again.

    It was good to learn more about you and your interesting life. We share something in common - the study of T.A.

    ReplyDelete