Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mancos, Co and high blood pressure

I was reading a post on 20th Century Woman's blog about Manley Hot Springs in Alaska which reminded me of Mancos, CO which is between Cortez and Durango. They refused to give up their High School and join the “unified High School” something that has ruined small towns in the US and probably contributed to the Columbine tragedy. It is a town with a very mixed population from oldtime conservative libertarians to “new age” liberals that teach yoga. They have a wonderful library and they hold lots of events in their high school and take good care of their teenagers.
Yesterday we saw Eliot's cardiologist and his blood pressure is too high but he made a deal with the cardiologist not to put him on more powerful drugs till he can see if he can bring his blood pressure down by giving up beer. He usually drinks a six pack at night so he can sleep. He's sure now that he won't be able to sleep but did get some last night. He will be having more tests next week including a chemical stress test. He says he doesn't want his blood pressure to go down because he's afraid of the surgery. I know he's concerned about the surgery and I'm not sure how much to believe him. The high blood pressure would seem to me to be more of a problem.
We have three days that we don't have to go down to Phoenix and hope to do some hiking each day.
I wish I had more time to write and read other blogs as well as the three books I'm currently reading. Maybe I should hire a "life coach" I heard there are actually such people that make their living organizing other people's life. (I don't know how to put in one of those funny faces so I'll just say smile or laugh)

2 comments:

  1. Just type a colon and a close parenthesis to make a funny face.

    Eliot had better reconsider lowering his blood pressure. I do hope he does that and has successful surgery

    ReplyDelete
  2. There goes my computer temperature, soaring again. Please know I'll read your posts whenever I can, but may not comment. This computer is really failing me. My son-in-law will get it taken care of as soon as possible, but don't know when that will be, since they have to travel 3000 miles to get here.

    ReplyDelete